Written by Jan Otte, Friday 5 January 2018
New year, new bunch of fixes. Well, actually the new firmware was cooked before Christmas Eve so it was kind of a present...
To make a long story short, 6.1.5 is released for the majority of routers - usual exceptions applies (Spectre v2, SR305, SL302, see firmware distribution overview).
Pointing out a few notable changes:
- Fixes for multiple Wifi vulnerabilies (KRACK and other CVEs).
- All sensitive information in the text dialogs like passwords and pre-shared keys is now not visible in the UI so nobody looking over the shoulder is able to spot passwords.
- IPSEC fixes - improved stability plus compatibility with Checkpoint VPN when IKEv2 is used.
- Emergency reboot procedure was added when unrecoverable state of router is detected - it is able of doing a soft reboot before the regular watchdog jumps in with a hard reboot.
- New protocols are selectable in firewall configuration - GRE and ESP.
- Smaller fixes and other security-related fixes. For a complete list, see release notes.
You can find all the firmware files including release notes on usual place - https://ep.advantech-bb.cz/firmware/6.1.5 or on particular product pages.